(1) I had a parent walk into my third grade class, and make an announcement to the class that they had permission to beat her daughters @ss if the child ever touched them.
(2) Changing their child's answer on a test when I had to step out of the room. I stepped back in sooner than they had planned and she was caught with an eraser and her child's paper in action.
(3) A mother came to see me absolutely livid about her son receiving a less than a stellar grade on a writing assignment. She explained that she had spent nearly two hours writing it and thought it was perfect.
(4) A mom had a problem with me because when I questioned why her son was absent three days a week every week in 3rd grade she threatened me with a "curse /spell ". Then proceeded to sit on the lawn in front of the school, "chanting a spell " against me.
(5) A parent made my life miserable the rest of the year because I marked her son absent for the days he was absent. She wanted him to have perfect attendance.
(6) Our school had a graduate and her parent on Jerry Springer- the subject "My Mom and I are Strippers."
After reading some of these stories, you may not think that the parents you are dealing with are so crazy after all. If you are a crazy parent yourself, there is still time to get your act together. Don't find yourself on the next list!
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @TheDisciplineDr