1) I will not let my bad moods affect the way I handle discipline.
2) I will make sure to not handle discipline with anger unless it is absolutely necessary.
3) I will stay committed to whatever discipline plan I have set up in my classes.
4) I will do my best to match the severity of my consequences with the severity of the rules that are broken in my class.
5) I will try to eat well, exercise, and get enough sleep on a regular basis.
6) I will do my best to have a social life outside of school.
7) I will make an effort to go to some students events to show support.
8) I will try very hard to not name any names of students or co-workers in the faculty lounge.
9) I will not wait until the last minute to make my summer break plans.
10) I will buy a copy of Discipline Without Anger: A New Style of Classroom Management for myself and every other teacher, parent, or business leader that I know to help them lower stress and be better at discipline themselves.
Good luck in 2013. Happy New Year!
If you like this blog then please repost it on facebook and/or twitter using the icons below.