2. Have an outline for the year for your classes, and try to keep plans ready at least one week ahead. A huge cause of stress for teachers when they plan one day at a time(or even one class at a time!)
3. Mingle a little with your fellow teachers. This job is a lot worse when you have to deal with it on your own.
4. Make a seating chart—and stick with it! I always like to have students in alphabetical order so that their papers are easier to enter into the grade book. Also, moving a student’s seating arrangement for disciplinary reasons shows weakness.
5. Have a good grading system established. If you don’t have one, ask somebody.
6. Pray. You never know when a little divine intervention might be needed.
Good luck to everyone who is starting a new school year soon!
If you like like this blog then please repost it on facebook and/or twitter using the icons below. Thanks!
Please send me your questions and comments about discipline! I love hearing from people who are interested in the topic like I am.